CareerConnect at John F. Kennedy High School provides Business and Engineering students hands-on learning and career exploring opportunities, which enhance students’ core academic skills and prepares them for a variety of post-secondary options, e.g., college, apprenticeships or the workforce.It is estimated that over 90% of today’s jobs require some type of post-secondary training to prepare students for the real world-of-work.
- HSoB Leadership
- HSoB Principles of Business
- Web Page Design
- Future Business Leaders of America FBLA
- Distributive Education Clubs of America DECA
Rob Polete and Jerry Clayton
- Career Connection Experience CCE (work-based program earn five-high school elective credits)
CCE Coordinator: Anne Aragon
- Project Lead the Way
- Principles of Engineering POE
- Introduction to Engineering Design IED
~CareerConnecting Experiences Offered ~
- CareerX ~ An exploration for all freshmen engineering students.
- CareerCoach ~ A mentorship for the juniors and seniors in the Energy class.
- CareerLaunch ~An Internship for rising juniors and seniors.
- Job search techniques Resume/Cover Letter Assistance
- Application Writing / Interviewing Tips
- Job Searching / Dress for Success Tips & Job Referrals
- Career assessment test
- Mock Interviews
- Career Panels & Speakers
- Career Connections Experience CCE (Earn High School Credit while working a job)
Anne Aragon, DPS CareerConnect Partnership | Internship Coordinator
John F. Kennedy High School
2855 S. Lamar Street | Denver, CO 80227
O: 720-423-4381 | F: 720-423-4315
Room 230 | Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Visit our school’s home page: John F. Kennedy High School